Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Dee!

The big day has come and gone. My sweet Dee is 1! That was the fastest year on record I think. You kept us super busy this year little lady.  It's been amazing getting to know you. I knew you were going to be your own person. The only point of reference I had though, was Scarlett. It was only natural for me to compare you two. Boy! Did you throw us a curve ball. You are your own person and not afraid to let ANYONE know it girlfriend. You are as loud, proud, sassy, opinionated as you are sweet, funny, and affectionate. You can be screaming one second, having us all in a tizzy trying to make you happy, then the next moment you flash that sweet DelilahB smile and boom our hearts melt like butter.

I was so looking forward to watching you and Scarlett get to know each other. She loves you so much Dee. She is so proud of you and so protective too.  She's always trying to calm you when you are fussy. She loves to hug and kiss you. She is proudest when she makes you laugh. You think she is hilarious by the way. Sometimes, she is the only one that can make you happy. It's like you two already have your own secret sister language.  These are the best moments of motherhood thus far.

OH and you are so smart! You already know all the parts of the face. I'll ask you where my nose, eyes, and mouth are and you take my finger and point to them. How cool is that? Wicked cool. You know that you are "SO BIG". You have several words like, no, bad, and the ever popular dad.


Your favorite past time is eating. You eat everything.  I mean everything. And you eat  lots of it. It's so fun to watch. You also love, love to play and explore. You love all of the toys Scarlett never had much use for. See? Different kids I tell ya.

You have been such a gift to our family. You've only been here a year and I can't remember much of life before you. You fit in like the long lost missing piece to a puzzle. I love you  more than you will ever know sweet girl. Your kisses and cuddles get me through tough days. Just like your song says Dee "Times Square can't shine as bright as you". It's so true  Dee.

No comments: